The summer is finally in full swing, the young people of the 2012-2013 session have left the Music Chapel for the festivals, and some 50 young talents from the four corners of the world as in previous years are expected for the new 2013-2014 session. The upcoming session will be a very special period for the Music Chapel:
* We will be celebrating our institution’s 75th anniversary throughout 2014 with many musical high points hosted over the year.
* Furthermore, in the autumn of this year, the Music Chapel will start the last phase of its 10-year intensive renovation project, namely to expand the reception and work facilities at its Waterloo site.
The Music Chapel is developing its own project more than ever before around the following different axes:
- High-level training in the form of transmission from masters to young talents.
- Career launch, ever more active, particularly in the coming weeks, through appearances in summer festivals and in the Music Chapel “on tour” from 17 to 24 September.
- Promotion by means of a recent medium — a record of the St Saëns complete works for violin and/or cello and orchestra with the Liège Orchestra under the baton of its conductor Christian Arming (Release expected at the end of 2013).
- The Artist Village which will assume an even greater dimension for the season to come.
- And finally, the residence of artists which, when the premises are doubled at the end of 2014, will provide unrivalled quality for accommodation and musical work.
In anticipation of a busy commencement of the new session on October 1st, we look forward to seeing you in large numbers in the summer festivals to applaud our young people, especially the Classissimo Festival, as part of the Brussels Summer Festival from 8 to 19 August or the “Musicales de Beloeil” on 7 September. We wish a fine summer to one and all!
Bernard de Launoit, Executive President